National CP Tech Center Facilities
The National CP Tech Center’s main offices are located at the Institute for Transportation. The 25,000-square-foot office suite in Iowa State University’s Research Park, roughly three miles from both the university campus and the Iowa Department of Transportation’s headquarters in Ames, Iowa, includes the following:
- Geographic information systems (GIS) lab
- Videoconference classroom
- Mobile videoconference cart
- Transportation technology transfer library
- Large multi-media enabled meeting room that can accommodate up to 90 people
- Large conference room accommodating 25 people
- Several smaller conference rooms
- Office space for visiting and affiliate faculty and researchers
PCC Pavement and Materials Research Laboratory
The Portland Cement Concrete (PCC) Pavement and Materials Research Laboratory, housed in 138 Town Engineering at Iowa State University, supports the state of Iowa’s national leadership role in PCC pavement research innovations. Funded primarily by the Iowa Concrete Paving Association, with help from Iowa State University, the lab also provides graduate students with opportunities to study and conduct research related to PCC pavements.
The 2,600-square-foot research lab helps researchers discover practical solutions to challenges faced by Iowa’s and the nation’s concrete paving industry. The lab also enhances Iowa’s ability to win nationally competitive research projects, which ultimately benefits Iowa’s concrete paving community and motoring public.
Fully equipped with state-of-the-art laboratory equipment and furniture, the facility provides four major spaces for
- concrete mixing and processing,
- mechanical testing of hardened concrete,
- fresh concrete property measurement, and
- durability-related experiments.
Laboratory miniature slip-form paver
Core samples in moist curing room