A Bi-Monthly Newsletter for Our Partners
NC2 meeting is around the corner
On August 29–September 1, 2016, the fall meeting of the National Concrete Consortium (NC2) will be held jointly with the International Society of Concrete Pavements' Eleventh International Conference on Concrete Pavements (ICCP) in San Antonio, Texas.
A states-only meeting for the Technology Transfer Concrete Consortium (TTCC) will be held Monday afternoon, August 29, from 1:30–5:30. Check out the full schedule for the conference.
To register for the joint event, TTCC members should contact Denise Wagner, 515-294-5798, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Real-time smoothness showcase August 9
The CP Tech Center is organizing a Real-time Smoothness Technology Showcase in Salt Lake City on August 9, 2016. This free event is sponsored by the FHWA as part of the SHRP 2 Renewal project: Real-time Smoothness Measurements on Portland Cement Concrete Pavements during Construction.
Advance registration is required; see info at online link, above.
Fall 2016 webinars
Upcoming 90-minute introductory webinars are free to members of the NC2's Technology Transfer Concrete Consortium. These events are repeats of webinars held in spring 2016. (View system requirements.)
Just published: Evaluation of modified concrete applications
The concrete mixtures for five urban pavement sections constructed in fall 2015 were modified to resist premature joint deterioration while reducing the risk of early-age random cracking due to cold-weather placement. See how the pavements are performing in Evaluation of Modified Concrete Mixture Proportions for the City of West Des Moines (final report).
Products in the works
The CP Tech Center is currently developing several resources and conducting research on critical issues for our partners. Look for the following products in the next few months:
- Prevention and Restoration of Early Joint Deterioration (Sponsor: Iowa Highway Research Board)
- Performance-Engineered Concrete Pavement Standard Specification (Sponsor: FHWA)
- Guide to Concrete Pavement Distress Assessments and Solutions (Sponsor: FHWA)
- Thin Concrete Overlays over Asphalt Selection Procedures (Sponsors: MnDOT and CP Tech Center)
- 2nd Edition of the "IMCP Manual" (Sponsor: "Road Map" FHWA pooled fund with IA, GA, MI, and PA DOTs)
- Internal Curing Specifications (Sponsor: "Road Map" FHWA pooled fund with IA, GA, MI, and PA DOTs)
- Full-Depth Reclamation Manual (Sponsor: PCA)
- Recycled Concrete Aggregate Manual of Practice (Sponsor: FHWA)