Iowa Better Concrete Conference
This annual event, organized by the Iowa Chapter of the American Concrete Institute, is held the second Thursday of November at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa. The morning keynote speakers are followed by afternoon concurrent sessions focused on issues relevant to Iowa projects. The annual Iowa Excellence in Concrete Awards from the ACI Iowa chapter are presented at the luncheon.
- Responsibility for Concrete Construction, Kevin MacDonald, Beton Consulting Engineers, LLC (ACI Chapter Meeting presentation)
- Design and Construction of the Tallest Wind Turbine Tower in the US, Matt Chase, Wind Tower Technologies; Steven McRory, Siemens Energy Inc.
- Hancher Auditorium Replacement Facility at the University of Iowa, Chris Hart, Thornton Tomasetti (presentation file not available)
- Eastern European Concrete, Sorta Kinda the Same, Larry Taber, Black & Veatch (presentation file not available)
- The Pentagon Rebuild Following 9/11, Scott Wolter, American Petrographic Services, Inc.
- Project Alluvion Updates, Jeremy Huntsman, HRGreen
- Concrete Mixture and Specifications, Kevin MacDonald, Beton Consulting Engineers, LLC
- Concrete under Nanoscope: Mechano-Chemical Activation of Fly Ash-Nanoparticle Blends in Self-Consolidating Concrete, Konstantin Sobolev, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- Concrete Pressure in Formwork, Martin Howes, EFCO
- Bridge Deck Curing Systems, Tyler Ley, Oklahoma State University
- A Contractor's Point of View: Super Flat Floors, Kurt Norland, Jensen Builders